The class nearly completed all three labs. My goal is to complete a minimum of 25 labs. Next week, we will finish the Solubility Rules lab and debrief all three labs. Our digital scales are not sensitive enough to determine the difference between the mass of aluminum before and after for the Limiting Reactant lab. I will review limiting reactants with the kids and predict the theoretical yields together next week. The second lab was the metal reactivity lab. The idea is to observe the manner several metals react with copper II chloride solutions. The difference is distinct. The only issue was the mossy zinc turns black quickly. Zinc is more reactive than iron nails. The kids did not observe the immediate change and thought iron was more reactive than zinc. The kids are completing the solubility rules lab. Next time, I need to review the purpose of each lab, discuss the results, and write equations. We did all of that today. The problem is the kids just forget. Below are photos. I like to include pix because they can be used for the children's digital portfolios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment