Today, we are working on some POGIL exercises: ChemActivity 1 The Nuclear Atom (Key) and ChemActivity 2 Atomic Number and Atomic Mass (key) (Scroll down to locate ChemActivity 2.). Some of this material is new and some review. I want to wrap up moles before we tackle electron configurations and flame tests. I think the packet and a final Stoich review will take the entire class.
Wow. This exercise was painful. We completed the first part and skipped right to the mole section in the second part. No, I am NOT sure the kids understand the relationship between amu, atoms, and molar mass. I think they understand the relationships among atomic number, atomic mass, number of protons and neutrons. I believe they understand the relationship between charge and numbers of protons and electrons. Am I certain? Nope. Here are pix of my notes from class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment