Good Will and eBay have eScience, Bob Jones, Apologia, and Labpaq kits as listings frequently. I like eScience and Labpaq kits. Some lab kits are better buys than others. I look at a wide variety of kits; my husband and I teach Chemistry, Biology, and Physics classes. Last summer I taught Human Biology; this summer we are planning a science camp for elementary-aged children. So, I can use a wide variety of equipment.
I usually do not bid or buy Physics kits. These kits usually have styrofoam cups, a glass stir rod, mini compasses, a protractor, etc. This physics kit has a spring scale, digital scale, and tuning fork along with marbles, bolts, a ruler, straws, etc. However, too often these kits are priced at $50 or more. No thank you. I bid and bought a QSL Physics Kit from Good Will two years ago. I paid $30 with shipping. Good Will and eBay offer QSL Chemistry, Biology, and Physics kits occasionally. My price limit is still $35 with shipping. But the QSL kits are uniformly excellent kits.
The Labpaq kits can be good deals. This listing is a good example; the kit has a thermometer, digital scale, dissection kit, plastic labware, test tubes, test tube brush, rack, and test tube holder. This Chem Kit is another good choice; the lab kit has a digital scale, thermometer, multi-meter, sterno, and a molecular modeling kit. I always discount the chemicals. Who knows how hold they are?
BTW, the QSL kits are usually designed for high school aged science students. The eScience and Labpaq kits are designed for college students. More and more of the nonmajor or introductory science classes are available online, especially through community colleges. Some students manage to pass the class without doing any of the labs or experiments in the kits. That is why there are a variety of kits available online, seemingly unused. These lab kits can be great deals. I promise to keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment