Children should come to class prepared. All types of teachers agree, regardless of the class setting. I am solution oriented. I taught class in private and public schools. Not one class was entirely prepared. Ever. At the beginning of the school year, I buy composition notebooks, spiral notebooks, reams of lined paper, graph paper, pencils, etc. when it is on sale. I have caddies with both graphing and scientific calculators. I keep other caddies with markers, staples, high-lighters, tape, rulers, pencils, etc. In other words, necessary supplies are available. In this manner, my focus is on teaching. The kids know where the supplies are located. I do not waste time reprimanding them for being unprepared. Yes, I make extra copies of all of the assignments for the same reason. My husband has extra copies and pencils out on the table for the kids. He and I know someone will forget something. I just want to teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment