Did you try the Gummy Bear Osmosis Lab? The classic Diffusion and Osmosis Lab uses cheap baggies, iodine, and cornstarch. I used recycled yogurt cups to avoid staining my lab beakers. You can use Orbeez or water jelly marbles for osmosis labs, too. Here are detailed lab instructions. By all means, do Experiment 5.1 from the Apologia textbook. I find these additional labs help the kids understand concepts like osmosis and diffusion well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment