Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Prime Day Deal: Microscope Slides!

 Amazon has a good price for a set of 25 prepared slides. I bought this set for Biology when I first taught Co-op Biology.  I had the Co-op kids examine and sketch most of the slides in the set.  Kids taking Biology should be able to focus a slide and sketch it.  As long as they examine several different microscope slides, their contents aren’t that important.  I know this view is heretical.  I also used prepared pond slides of microbes.  When the kids use live pond samples the little critters move too quickly to capture under the microscope.  You need to drop Protozoan Quieting solution on to the slide to see any little critter.  So, buy a set on sale and sell it later at cost.  The second set of slides is even cheaper.  These are intended for younger kids.  I have a set I use to help kids learn how to focus because the objects are larger, such as a bee’s leg.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...