Thursday, July 14, 2022

Teach Human Anatomy!

 One popular class for home-school families is Human Anatomy.  This is one course that works for elementary and high school aged kids.  For younger kids consider Apologia’s Young Explorers Human Anatomy and Physiology textbook.  There are two note booking journals for younger and older children.  Here and here are samples.  I use this Anatomy book for both classes instead of expensive posters and a five foot Halloween skeleton.  

I like Mader and Windelspecht’s Human Biology textbook.  I buy older, used copies for class.  Human Biology is a broader course than an Anatomy and Physiology class.  It has a  Nutrition unit.  I like to add interesting topics, such as Twins and Multiples or a nurse to teach how to take blood pressures or make a physical assessment.  

There are huge numbers of fun projects both classes can do: make brain hats, assemble homemade stethoscopes, do heart and circulatory activities, or create clay models.  Anatomy is one class everyone should have and is a blast to teach.  Browse these resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...