Did you know that knitting relate to STEM education? Here is an inspirational article about teaching knitting as a STEM activity. Here is an article, Knitting as Programming. I noticed even and odd patterns in the stitches when I knit. But, thinking about knitting as coding or programming is pretty innovative. You can take this idea and apply it to all kinds of textiles. Here are 4H STEM activities with Textiles. There are some interesting experiments comparing the warmth or flame retardancy of different fabrics. Of course there is an experiment with tie dye. But, these activities might appeal to your daughter, who may not be that interested in science. Here is an article, 6 Math Concepts Explained by Knitting and Crochet. This might revolutionize math for your kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment