Are you familiar with Material Science as a discipline? There is a foundation. Really! It’s ASM Materials Education Foundation. They have teacher resources, including this handbook of demos. One example is Nitinol Memory Wire, still sold by Educational Innovations. The demos are interesting: Paperclip Fatigue, Stress in Balloon Inflation, and Strengthen Ceramic Composites, in which the demonstrator smashes Corelle plates. If you’ve ever dropped a piece of Corelle which shattered, it’s an interesting demo. I joined a new group. I’ll keep you updated with random topics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment