Some kids will sit down and just read a chapter or module in the textbook. Those kids are relatively few. More kids will read the text to complete a study guide. I’ve had better luck using this technique. This coming year I’m teaching Advanced Biology. This is an anatomy class with many, many terms. I’m structuring this like my husband’s math classes. He assigns homework problems which require the kids to read over the lesson. I’m going to assign study guide questions which require the kids to hunt down answers in the textbook. A few of the teens have learning differences; they may use the instructional video or audiobook to answer study guide questions in place of the written textbook. We’ll see how things go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment