I’m already planning next year’s science camp. The theme is Maker Camp, which is deliberately broad, a little bit of everything. I need to add more chemistry, such as Comic Chemistry. The kiddos love and missed messing with colorful mixtures. Here is the initial spreadsheet with links. I’ll tinker with ideas. The Pool Noodle Balance Board (or PVC Pipe Balance Board) and the scrap wood Catapults are tested hits. Kiddos like to decorate the balance board with paint, washi tape, and stickers. The pool noodle is easier to balance. Have older kids polish the PVC pipe ends outside on the sidewalk. By polish I mean rake the ends over and over on concrete to smooth rough ends. I’ll post updates whenever I become inspired.
Wednesday, July 30, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment