Sunday, July 25, 2021

Inquiry Cubes

I use loads of hands-on activities and labs for my science class.   I like to use Claim-Evidence-Reasoning in Biology.  The activities  I use are Introducing Inquiry,  Inquiry Cube #1,  and Inquiry Cubes.  (Here is a worksheet for Inquiry Cube #1.)  (Here are several inquiry cubes to print.) I do not ask kids to complete a worksheet.  Instead, I just ask them to determine what is on the bottom?  Cube #2 has names.  The kids should determine the name, color, and numbers of the face taped down on the bottom of the cube.  What’s the point?  I want kids to use deductive reasoning and explain their thought processes, skills we’ll need all year in Biology.  I took a photos of Cubes #1 and #2.




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...