I teach Co-op Chemistry on a regular basis. I invested in digital thermometers. There is one type of digital thermometer, Go!Temp, with a USB connector for a laptop or Chromebook. You can take temperature readings and display them on the laptop. The second type of digital thermometer is EasyTemp. This sensor connects with a TI84 graphing calculator. Most TI84 calculators have the software, EasyData, preloaded on to the TI84 calculators. When you connect the temperature probe to the TI84 calculator, the calculator recognizes the probe and opens the software and immediately collects the data. The data is stored in the STAT files on the calculator. The calculators and digital thermometers are pricey. The sensors are $45 each and the TI84 is $100. Right now, there aren’t many sensors available on eBay at more reasonable prices. I bought them because they are rugged; I like to introduce unfamiliar tech to the kids. You won’t be depriving your teen if you don’t have a digital thermometer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment