Do you need glassware for Chemistry lab? It’s nice to have a few Pyrex, Kimax, or borosilicate glassware. Borosilicate lab glass is safer when heated. Ideally, have a few test tubes, two or three glass beakers, and maybe a glass flask. I have several 250 mL beakers and 250 mL side-arm flasks, to filter or use for gas law labs. Instead, I use polypropylene, plastic beakers and graduated cylinders for lab. Why? They don’t break. I teach teens. The best price I’ve seen lately for a basic set of labware is $12.99. Below are screenshots of labware offered at Good Will online and Amazon. Home Science Tools sells single units of polypropylene cylinders and beakers at excellent prices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment