October 23rd is Mole Day! Mole Day celebrates moles. Avogadro’s number is 6.02 x 10²³ atoms or molecules. It’s like Pi Day. Anyway, we make moles to celebrate Mole Day! Felt works well to sew or hot glue a mole. Here is a pattern and detailed instructions. Below is a video I made during COVID Quarantine. The kids picked up their lab kits and mole making supplies off my porch. I made a video showing how to hot glue a mole. Next Tuesday, I’m passing out the fabric, fiberfill, eyeballs, and patterns to give the kids a month to make their moles. The prize for the best mole is a bag of Tootsie Mole Pops or syringe pens. I can’t decide.
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment