By all means, make a DNA model. My Biology classes make several models. It really helps kids understand the components in DNA. Here are step by step instructions to make a DNA model with construction paper and toothpicks. My kids make Licorice and Marshmallow DNA Models, Origami DNA Models, Paper Models, and work through the Lab-aids DNA & Nucleotide Modeling activity. (This kit is not cheap. I invested in a set because I teach Biology regularly.) you will not be short changing your teen if you only do one or two paper models. Be sure to color them! I completely forgot we made DNA models with beads and pipe cleaners until I ran across the photo. The photos below are examples of the DNA models. The first model I bought from Amazon, currently priced at $9, is flimsy. Just make your own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...








No comments:
Post a Comment