Okay, I sometimes pander to my students. We use candy in labs. These labs or activities are wildly popular. Once in awhile I teach Earth Science topics—never my favorite subject. ( I think I would rather have dental surgery. BTW, I try to select labs or activities using candy I don’t like to save on dental work.) However, I do have a few ideas: Edible Aquifer, Oreo Plate Tectonics, Sweet Earthquake Shake, Edible Igneous Rocks (with links for sedimentary and metamorphic rock activities, too), Starburst Rock Cycle, Edible Watershed, Edible Solar System, and NASA’s Scale Model of the Solar System. If you do the scale model of the solar system, add this activity, which uses adding machine tape. The kids mark the relative distance between planets in a long piece of adding tape-or long strips of paper taped together. Make your plans for science experiments after Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment