Sunday, September 10, 2023

Google Classroom: Free!

 What is Google Classroom? Classroom is a type of Learning Management System (LMS) Both private and public schools use LMS to record grades.  However, you can post homework assignment, links, and resources, too.  (Below are samples.)  Is Classroom useful for an individual family? Absolutely!  It’s free!  You do need a gmail account. I maintain Classrooms each year for every subject I teach.  

 I home-schooled a teen during high school  I created a ‘classroom’ for each of her subjects.  I posted assignments and recorded grades.  I put in sample work.  In effect, Classroom was part of my digital portfolio.  I had sample work readily available to post into a slideshow.  In fact, I had a complete set of grades organized into a spreadsheet ready to submit to the online school.  When the teen I home-schooled finished a paper or took a quiz, I took a quick photo or scan, saved it to Google Drive, and posted it to Classroom.  High School level students could create and maintain their own Classrooms.  In my experience, parents or instructors document more consistently than teens do.  Take advantage of this free resource.





No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...