This fall I’m teaching Biology and need quite a few test tubes. I bought a box of 50 a few years ago and am down to about 30. The test tubes should fit your test tube rack. I bought 18 x 150 mm Pyrex test tubes., which hold about 30 mL and fit in a standard test tube rack. Kymex, Pyrex, or borosilicate test tubes are all heat-tempered and safe to heat in a flame or hot water bath. If you teach one teen, buy a set. The best price I’ve seen recently is the set below from Home Science Tools. This set has a holder, brush, and stoppers. I have wooden, plastic, and cardboard test tube racks. The plastic racks do melt a little when we put hot test tubes in the racks. If the rack has a little damage, at least we used it.
Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment