There are odd items on sale Labor Day which might be useful for your classroom. There are screenshots below. Consider an electric kettle. (Home Depot has the same price.) I use mine to boil water quickly for many labs, such as a hot water bath. (Benedict’s solution is used to test sugars in the Biomolecules lab.) (BTW I give graduates an electric kettle and a case of Ramen as a high school graduation gift so they don’t starve to death once they leave home.) The pipettes are well priced, too. I recommend 3 mL, graduated pipettes. Walmart and Amazon are selling a TI 84 graphing calculator for $96. There are newer TI graphing calculators; the TI 84 does most of the functions. The chief advantage of a TI 84 over a TI 83 is the EasyTemp thermometer. It connects to the TI 84 to create a digital thermometer. EasyTemp thermometers are often available used on eBay. Easy Data is preloaded on new TI 84 graphing calculators. Take a look at the LED digital microscopes. Here is a post explaining how I use digital microscopes in Biology. Buy these from Amazon or Walmart; both companies make returns easy. Sometimes the digital microscope is incompatible with the laptop. I have several brands of microscopes; we just switch brands. If the digital microscope does not instantly link with your laptop return it. Amazon sells a single pair of safety glasses for $1.79–hard to beat the price. ( I buy safety glasses by the dozen. A nerf gun, darts, and pair of safety glasses makes a good birthday present.) BTW the safety glasses and pipettes aren’t Labor Day deals; usually all of the prices are better Prime Day, Black Friday, and during big sales—like the microscope slides below. Here’s hoping we can find more deals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...










No comments:
Post a Comment