Sunday, August 31, 2025

Get Ready for Co-op!

 Let me share a few organizational tools we use to get ready for Co-op.  We use several Google apps.  Why?  They are all free.  I like the convenience to merge their apps into Google Classroom. One app we use, which isn’t shown is a spreadsheet listing all of the students.  My husband also maintains a spreadsheet to track grades and attendance.  It’s not too late to get organized.  You need to be ready for the first day of class; details about the class can wait a little longer.

1. Create a slide deck.  I organized the overview into Google Slides.


2. Use the slides, labs, homework, etc. to make a lesson plan. My lesson plans are just lists.  Yes, I know there are many, many lesson plan templates and notebooks.  I just need a list to jar my memory and cross off activities as completed.


3. Create a dedicated calendar for class.


4. Put all the resources together into Google Classroom.  Classroom allows students and parent s to see all the lesson, assignments, slide decks, articles, and videos.  Students can upload their work directly into Classroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...