What is POGIL. POGIL is a type of inquiry learning. Yes, that is rather vague. I first encountered POGIL at a College Chemistry workshop promoting the program. The idea is that groups of four student work together on exercises, such as Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes to learn the topic. There are different levels for high school and college. I don’t think I would love to teach exclusively with this approach. However, I have use individual activities with students for years. Do students love these exercises? Not really. However, they make kids think. I know they will be invaluable for Anatomy.
Friday, August 1, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment