I bought clay and cheap skeletons for class based on inspiration from Anatomy in Clay. We’ll use some of their free resources later in the year. But right now, we’re starting to learn about muscles. Feets of Clay Muscles have major muscles labeled on an inexpensive skeleton. Our class has more work to do with the muscle histology; however, we are going to take the time to build individual muscles. Below are the skeletons and clay we use. Play doh won’t work well. Too many cheap plasticine clays crumble. I use Sculpey. Feets of Clay uses the Tiny Tim skeletal model, which retails for about $30. Our cheap skeletons aren’t as accurate; the clavicle and pelvic area have fused bones. However, I want the kids to learn how the muscles connect to major bones and these will work well for our purposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...


No comments:
Post a Comment