I posted my Advanced Biology ( Anatomy) slide decks. Yes, I do keep updating them. I wanted to add that each slide deck covers many of the activities, videos, POGIL activities, and assignments for the module. We’re doing Module 5, Muscle Histology and Physiology. I refined the original slide deck when I added sliding filament models and extra videos. As I’m teaching I keep thinking about relationships. The kids made clay, muscle models, ATP, and sliding filament models. I need to help them connect the sacromere to the sliding filament model to the bigger picture, the muscle. What signals the production of the calcium ions? Where do they originate? How does ATP power the contraction? I end up doing a bit of modification after every lesson—especially difficult ones!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment