I have taught long enough to have experienced any number of trends and techniques. When I first started teaching Chemistry, it was entirely with the Socratic method full of proofs. Each new method, such as POGIL or PBL is designed to be taught exclusively—all year. I haven’t had much tried that approach. Instead, I like to use elements from a wide variety of programs to enrich my existing textbook, Apologia’s Chemistry textbook. I am interested in Storylines; although frankly, many seem contrived or political. However, I do like Why Do Some Things Get Hot or Cold? Look at the ‘Skeleton’ or Overview. Now, my plan is to pare the unit. We’ll group two or three activities together with questions. The unit has some great analogies to help teens understand bonds. I’m very open to new methods—as long as they work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment