I don’t punish kids who are smart, attentive, or efficient. Too often teacher punish those kids with more work. This morning several kids were absent. I went ahead and had the remaining two do the lab and write their lab reports in class. During the next class, they can work on the previous lab report and complete the brain model while the rest of the class makes up the lab they missed.
There are always a few really sharp kids who master a concept immediately. Instead of additional problem sets, I offer them the test. After the test, the teen can work on a lab report or an extra lab, such as the MEL kits, whichever the kid prefers. This is an opportunity to have the kid complete any missed assignments. I might let them work on a project in advance, such as a cell model or a model I want to use for class. Ask the child what he or she would rather do, including work on another class’s material entirely.
No comments:
Post a Comment