Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Apologia Chemistry: Quantum
The kids are finally in Module 7. I know, I know! How are we going to finish by the end of May? We are meeting two mornings this week and next, doubling our co-op contact hours. We will regroup next Friday to see how many extra sessions are needed to finish well. The kids wrapped up the Can You Make 2 Grams Lab and weighed their precipitates today, which they allowed to dry a week. I went over my guide for writing a lab report with the kids. (See the earlier post.) I also reviewed how to calculate percent error from their results. We discussed potential sources of error; H. said that some of the filtrate may be in the filter paper. She forgot to write the weight of the paper in pencil on the filter paper to avoid scraping off the results and reducing the amount recovered.
Module 7, at last! Earlier, the kits did a flame test lab I purchased from Home Science tools, which came with a spectroscope. The video above is from one of my public school classes doing flame tests. Today, we went over the development of Quantum Theory and how to write electron configurations. More on the next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment