The class just finished Genetics with DNA-finally! The students have two more major units; comparative morphology and Anatomy and Physiology. The dissection specimens and lab packets are in and I pulled the trays and dissection kits. We are ready! our class is taking a traditional approach to comparative morphology, beginning with simple animals and comparing increasingly complex organisms. The goal is to compare factors affecting all living animals: movement, reproduction, sensitivity, growth, respiration, excretion, and nutrition; one mnemonic is MRS GREN. The kids will need to review taxonomy: Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Species; a mnemonic I like is 'Katie poured Coke on Father's good suit'. The kids will create a chart to study representative animals, almost a Zoology mini-course.
Lastly, Life Science will tackle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment