Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Lab Reports
Students should be able to write a formal lab report. I have my chemistry students write two formal reports: Can You Make 2 Grams? and Leftover Aluminum Wire. Below is a score sheet for the lab report and a sample of the background portion of the lab. (I am sorry to have to use such a clumsy work around to post these two documents.) The students should explain the underlying science, use complete sentences, provide a balanced equation, include the materials and procedures, cite the results, be able to discuss possible sources of error, and draw conclusions.

Leftover Aluminum Wire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment