Friday, July 15, 2016

Let's Get Organized for Fall! LMS! LMS!

Want a tool to get organized this fall?  Try a learning management system. I've used a wide variety of LMS in schools and at Shepherd University, when I adjuncted a Chemistry class.   Khan Academy has one.  Nicenet is a simple learning management system, which is free.  It allows you to post a syllabus, links, and documents, nothing fancy; your resources are all organized in one place.  I've maintained my Nicenet account because the schools where I taught frequently changed LMS from year to year, resulting in the loss of all that documentation.  Google Classrooms is a tremendous free program.  See if your church would be willing to sponsor your Co-op to gain access.  I used Google Classroom one year and it was an intuitive, productive LMS, that made organizing your notes, assignments, and resources into one location.  If you would like to see one of my classes on nicenet.org, Join the Physical Science classroom with this Class Key: YZ232Z9QZ7 or the Chemistry Class, Class Key: YZ23220Q90.  I have documents and links saved here.  You'll get an idea of the types of materials you can save to this LMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...