Thursday, July 28, 2016
Workshop Plans: Cloud in a Bottle Inquiry Lab
I try to make as many labs as possible fit an inquiry-based format, namely trial and error. Take something as simple as the cloud in a bottle lab, popular in Earth Science lessons. This lab offers four different trials and is already inquiry-based. But, I suggest researching different methods and letting the kids try them all: Clouds with matches, Cloud in Jar with Ice and Hairspray, and Steve Spangler style with a pump! Your kids will have no problems understanding experimental design!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment