Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Set the Stage for Fall Science...GLOBE
As long as I'm setting the stage for science classes this summer, I should mention GLOBE, which is sponsored by NASA in the United States. GLOBE is an international science program with strict data protocols. Start by reading this introduction to GLOBE. You need to figure out what it is before determining whether GLOBE is a great program or if you want to start an environmental program. In many areas, home-schooled students participate in data campaigns. I found it difficult to locate a workshop and literally spent over two years before traveling over 100 miles for one. Now, they have an eTraining program. Anyone can use their protocols. I use the training modules with kids before taking them out in the field. Take a look at the Atmosphere Module first. Elementary aged children like the cloud protocol. Don't let the number of data sheets and activities overwhelm you. Try one activity; you don't have to commit to becoming trained or collecting regular data. Take a look at the K-4 Clouds Storybook, first. The Cloudscape activity is pretty good for young children. The Cloud Module eTraining unit is better. GLOBE has detailed instructions under Cloud Protocols. (Maybe too much.) This cloud data sheet for one of the Atmosphere investigation is perfect. The contrail chart and cloud identification chart are both useful and in pdf format. Try it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment