Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Summer Science: Technology in the form of a blog.
One topic I like to blog about is technology, especially for home-school families. Many home-school families have iPads. Let's talk about a few ways to use them. One, does your family blog? I have may teen students create blogs. I often have them create videos, upload them to Youtube, and import the videos to their blog. BTW, this is another form of assessment. When my teens were videoing and explaining physical science problems, I would review the video for accuracy. If the kids forgot to mention units or their math was off, I would have them redo the video. Because the kids had an audience, the public blogosphere, they took the videos seriously. Blogs can be part of a portfolio. I recommend taking loads of photos whenever you do an activity and create digital records saved to Google Drive. This will make it so much easier to compile a portfolio in June.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment