Thursday, July 28, 2016
Workshop Plans: Rolling Balls
Have you noticed the theme going? I'm developing plans for a teacher's workshop at a small Catholic school in about three weeks. I'm preparing several inquiry-based labs to present and try. In the past few posts, there have been instructions for a DNA extraction (Biology or Life Science), Alka-Seltzer labs (Chemistry or Physical Science), and Clouds in a Bottle (Earth Science). This time it's Physics or Physical Science: Rolling balls. This is trickier than it appears. You should change the angle without changing the potential energy. This lab from Harvard demonstrates just how profound an experiment with rolling balls is, Inclined Planes and Rolling Balls. Here is an explanation for acceleration as the ball rolls down the ramp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment