Friday, May 6, 2022

Apologia Chemistry: Let’s prep for Fall!

 This Fall, I’m back to teaching Chemistry.  I’m always hinting for new and better ideas.  The social media groups frequently offer suggestions.  Are you interested?  Start with Chem Ed Xchange.  You may want to join the National Chemistry Teachers group on Facebook. (Pic below). Warning!  There are many complaints, drivel, and other nonsense.  However, I just scroll past and look for interesting ideas or offer suggestions.  Look at the American Chemistry Society’s webpage.  I have joined in the past; however, I didn’t really get enough ideas to make the membership fees worthwhile.  There are free resources available through ACS.  One reason I keep up with these Chemistry sites is to understand new teaching trends, such as Question Trails and Storylines, promoted by the Next Generation Science Standards.  I don’t necessarily adopt these new trends.  I like to see if the new ideas are fun and useful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...