Wednesday, May 18, 2022

HASPI Chemistry Labs

 Whenever I encounter an unfamiliar resource, I do a bit of research.  Right now the trend in public schools is to use the NGSS standards across the science subjects.  HASPI, The Health and Science Pipeline Initiative promotes health and medical sciences.  I registered to get access to all of the curricula.  I think many of these labs are germane to the Human Biology class I teach occasionally.  There are interesting topics, such as Lactose Intolerance or Macromolecules and Digestion, with unusual tests: amylase, lipase, and protease, in addition to standard Identifying Macromolecules in Nutrients Lab.  

Here is the Chemistry lab hand-book.  The labs, such as Pennium, have a brief ‘career spotlight’.. Pennium is an isotope lab; the ‘career spotlight’ for this lab is about a ‘nuclear medicine technologist’.  Here is MS Medical Life Science, or Middle School level Biology.  Here is a lab sample for HASPI Medical Biology Lab.  See what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...