I’m starting to think about Chemistry for next year. I use bottle top lids, nuts and bolts, and molecular models for Chemistry class. There was an interesting post about using magnetic molecules. (Check out Doug Reagan’s blog!) I’m going to make up my own set of magnetic molecules. This website has a Google doc to print molecules on to magnetic sheets. Here is the presentation replete with ideas to use the magnetic molecules. Scroll down the web page to see examples. I need to go to Walmart and buy some ceramic magnets and adhesive backed magnet sheets.
I shopped at Walmart and bought a pack of 18 adhesive back magnets and two magnetic, adhesive back sheets. The molecules look better on the adhesive sheet magnets with some white paper. I made over a dozen magnets. I might buy a pack of button magnets and hot glue them to the rest of the molecules. The other molecule prints are in the kit for Fall. I don’t know exactly how and when I’ll use them. But, they will be terrific explaining how atoms are larger when they accept an electron. I know they’ll be useful to show balancing equations. If you don’t have a set of molecules, the carbon, hydrogen, and bonds combine into an inexpensive set. Take a look.






No comments:
Post a Comment