Thursday, August 15, 2024

Google Classroom: Grade Weighting

 The free version of Google Classroom jus added an upgrade.  Teachers can select to use total points or create weighted categories for grades.  Most commercial, grading programs or Learning Management Systems, of this option.  I have used points in the past because it’s easy.  However, I want to put more emphasis on tests and lab analysis.  So this year I’m using grade weights.  Additionally, you can set missing work as a zero.  This helps motivate students, who quickly learn that zeros average poorly.  

1. Open Google Classroom and go to Settings.


2. Scroll down the page to Grades.  Note that the default grade is zero.  Look at the choice for Weighted Grades and categories.


3. You can chose total points instead.


4. Different classes can have different grade weights.




No comments:

Post a Comment

National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?

  National Chemistry Week   (NCW) coincides with  Mole Day!   NCW’s 2026 theme is construction.  My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...