Rob and I just traipsed through several museums and gardens on vacation. Many had scavenger hunts. It helps young children navigate a museum if it’s more interactive. So I looked for more scavenger hunts. Since I live outside Washington D.C., it seems like the logical place to start. The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum uses Goosechase; instructions for the Air and Space Museum’s Scavenger Hunt guide visitors through the process. The NGA in Your Neighborhood is a scavenger hunt which ties the building and grounds to one’s own neighborhood. Are you planning a visit to the African American Museum (NMAAHC)? They have more of a study guide. The Constitution Scavenger Hunt with Political Cartoons from the National Archives is more of a lesson, too. Here’s the hunt from the Natural History Museum. Here’s the American History Scavenger hunt. Instead of a hunt, the National Building Museum has Patterns, a 38 page educator’s guide. America’s Presidents is a classroom resource from the National Portrait Gallery, one of our family’s favorite museums. The Smithsonian also has Adventure Lab. (I haven’t tried the app, yet.). One more hunt, The National Zoo. (We just visited the Corning Museum of Glass, which has several scavenger hunts, all available online and at the museum.)
Saturday, August 17, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment