Occasionally, I teach Earth Science. I am not a geologist. When I teach Rocks and Minerals, I make sure to have labeled sets. I am not going to take an unknown box of rocks and try to sort and identify them. Instead, we perform tests on labeled rocks, such as Rock Classification or Rock Density. Some rocks glow under UV light. Here is a Rock Cycle lab using chocolate chips or this one with Starbursts. You might want to create a Rock Cycle Project. Here is a model for inspiration. This Rocks and Minerals Lap Book is another way to organize the instruction, notes, and graphics. Below are a few listing from Good Will, Temu, eBay, and HST. available now. Trust me, you want a labeled set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...





No comments:
Post a Comment