Traditionally, in Biology, the first two microscope labs are The Letter e’ and The Colored Threads lab. Surprise! Instead, I use cash. I get out one and five dollar bills and foreign currency. We travel and have several colorful bills. The kids use both digital and conventional microscopes to examine currency. Yes, the kids will also examine their arm hairs with the digital microscopes and may ask for some slides. I have found that kids spend more time playing with the microscopes. In one session they are much more familiar with their operations. I like to add an article, such as Cash, Chemistry, and Counterfeit. BTW this is fun for the whole family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment