The easy way to assess kids is a quiz or test. However, there are always a hand-full of kids who freeze during paper tests. Here is an excellent introduction to microscopes with three labeled diagrams. Here is a quiz and key I use. (BTW rack stop is also stage stop.). Many teens whip through the paper quiz. For others, I pull out a microscope and work individually. We identify and name parts. I point and ask the part’s name. Alternately, I name a part and ask for the student to identify it. I don’t care if this takes six or seven trials. The kids all learn to name he microscope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment