Magic Sand is also sold as hydrophobic sand or Mystic Sand. It doesn’t get wet. Here are lesson ideas from Educational Innovations. Here are suggested ideas from Steve Spangler. I use Magic Sand with the Mixture Challenge, here. I mix Magic Sand with iron filings and salt. The kids have to spoon out the Magic Sand. Sometimes, they wand the sand with the magnet to remove any iron filings, too. This lab is versatile. The mixture experiment is in Apologia’s General Science and Chemistry textbooks. Teens can do the lab while their younger siblings play with the sand. Yes, once teens finish the lab, they may play with the Magic Sand for a bit, too.
Wednesday, August 14, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment