Every time I teach Biology I do the same exercise for levels of organization. I stack cups and have kids sort them from smallest to largest. (The cups were clearance items from Walmart years ago. I knew I’d use them every year.) After we discuss what the levels of organization mean. This exercise usually takes about 15 minutes. If a teen is confused about atoms and organelles, I can drag out the cups and review. Below is the inspiration photo, my cups, and a graphic posted recently to the National Biology Teachers’ group. In the graphic, the beginning is the ‘Big Bang!’ I love this! I tell kids I definitely believe in the ‘Big Bang!’ God spoke and bang! it happened. Take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...



No comments:
Post a Comment