This year we’re going to dissect the first day of class. I have the owl pellets ($40/14–pricey), probes, masks, and gloves ready. Some people are squeamish about dissection. My husband, Rob, who is team teaching, loathes dissections. When we did the owl pellet dissection with Paul, as a home-schooler, both of them were green. So, I provide masks and gloves left-over from COVID. (We volunteer with Tax-Aide and do taxes. Tax-Aide maintained strict mask requirements until this past tax season. I was not a fan! However, I have loads of masks and gloves leftover the Tax-Aide group doesn’t need or use.). Some of the kids who won’t even touch a probe still wear both masks and gloves. Hey! If they’re more comfortable, I don’t care. All set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...

No comments:
Post a Comment