Update: There were several last minute cancellations. The last day is post-phoned, not canceled. I’ll post pix when we finally have the last day of Camp.
I owe the kids one more day of Science Camp. I broke my arm and missed the last day of Camp. I was in my basement sorting supplies this afternoon. We managed to do many, many toys from my plans in July. Below is the list. I have the links listed, too. We won’t do these activities in this order. I’ll start with simpler activities, such as the rotocopter, penny in a balloon, and flyers. We’ll move through more fun stuff such as catapults and the bee hummer. The kids like Can Crush and Rocket ball; they’ll be later in the morning. We’ll sandwich in the zoetropes and finish with the toys. In between we’ll go outside to test our flyers and make time for songs and snack. Fun, right?
Here is the list.
1. Build catapults.
2. Crush Cans.
5. Flyers: Paper Plate Frisbee, Big Mouth Tumblewings, and Airplanes.
6. Rotocopters
7. Pencil and Horses is actually a Zoetrope and Whirling Watcher.
8. Rocket Ball is a Stacked Ball Drop. I use a tennis ball and a ping pong ball, initially. Then I give the kids small, bouncy balls to try to stack.
9. Flyer toys: I have flippers, spinners, tiny balancing birds, poppers, etc for the kids to play with and take home.
10. The Bee Hummer makes a lovely noise. This is usually more of a hit than you would expect.






No comments:
Post a Comment