Are you familiar with Good Will online? This is where I buy used calculators and microscopes—pretty much any type of science equipment. My laser printer, overhead projector, and calculator collection are mainly from Good Will online. I bid on TI84 models all the time. Right now I have over a dozen graphing calculators. I need to step away! Honestly? I just bid on two TI 83s at $7.99 each and one penny shipping.
Good Will usually has microscopes. I do have six. However, digital microscopes work well; these microscopes are document cameras. They plug into a laptop. The kids focus the microscope on a slide, capture a good image, and take a screen shot. Then the kids sketch and label the image. Genius! One of the kids had the idea. This past summer in Human Biology, this was the only technique we used. In General Biology, I think it’s a good idea to learn the parts of a microscope and how to focus a microscope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment