Friday, November 1, 2019
Apologia Chemistry: Module 4 Chemical Reactions
I’ve been researching textbooks for ideas and came across 1 + 2. + 3 = black! is a chemical reaction mini-lab that is micro-scale. The chemicals are hydrogen peroxide, bleach, copper sulfate, iodine, and liquid starch. (The lab calls for potassium iodide; usually iodine works well as a substitute.). These chemicals can be used for other labs: Liquid starch slime, Iron nail in copper sulfate solution, and hydrogen peroxide and yeast enzyme labs. I’ll keep an eye out for chemistry labs which use household chemicals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment