Friday, November 8, 2019
Apologia Physical Science: Green Labs
I’m betting your child wants more chemistry experiments. I can see you cringing. Chemistry labs are dangerous and costly. Here are a series of acid-base labs which require Citric acid, sodium carbonate, Na2CO3, washing soda, and universal indicator. Green Pennies Lab requires pennies, vinegar, and salt. Baking Soda vs Baking Powder uses baking soda, vinegar, and baking powder. Forming a Precipitate requires sodium carbonate (washing soda), ivory soap, and magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts). Color Change requires laundry detergent, Cream of Tartar, and red cabbage. (I use red cabbage powder. It can substitute for universal indicator.). Different Substance React Differently or Reaction in a Bag require baking soda, calcium chloride (Driveway Heat), citric acid, and either phenol red, or universal indicator. I’ll bet cabbage powder or leaves will work, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment