When I plan a summer camp, I schedule in fun. Start with games: Human Ring Toss, hula hoop contests, water balloon toss, relay races, even Human Piñata. When the kids make chalk, we plan time to make murals. Make chalk paint to use with home-made chalk. Buy a box of sidewalk chalk, too. How does home-made chalk compare with commercial sidewalk chalk?
Plan a few crafts, too. Teach paracord crafts or Leather crafts. Let the kids make Chemistry cards, I Spy bottles, or decorate Periodic Table cookies. Let the kids assemble juice box robots for snack. Make lizard lanyards with pony beads and UV beads.
While we are prepping for camp, let’s print experiments for the science kits or samples from TOPS. Add fun activities, such as tornado in a bottle or snow globe. I think these Halloween candy experiments are perfect for their science kits.
What’s in our science kits? We fill shoe boxes or coffee canisters with pipettes, mini test tubes, clothespins, (test tube holders) a cassette case (The cassette case hold pipettes or mini test tubes.), dropper bottles, small containers, stir sticks, craft sticks, and safety glasses. The kids mark and fill the small containers with salt, sugar, cornstarch, baking soda, and citric acid. The kids add materials to their kits over the course of the week of camp. Imagine getting your own kit!
How about games? More games?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
National Chemistry Week is around the corner. Are you ready?
National Chemistry Week (NCW) coincides with Mole Day! NCW’s 2026 theme is construction. My Co-op Chemistry class focuses on Mole Da...
-
The class is completing their Designer Baby blogs. Finally. Yes,I sat on top of them in class. I still think the time investment is wort...
-
The Co-op is reviewing for a series of cell quizzes and beginning with paper plate cell cycle models and mitosis with yarn. The first t...
No comments:
Post a Comment